Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Insecure Writer's Support Group - February

It feels like yesterday that I did January's post. Yikes, time is just flying by. Thanks to Alex for starting this group and for making it such a huge success. To find out the scoop about how to join, please visit Alex at www.alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com.








LOOK AT THE COOL NEW BADGE ALEX CREATED.

I really don't have anything to say this month about writing because I'm not...writing that is. At least not on a novel or any of my other nonfiction project that were started before I spent the last six years getting my novel done. I am still working on the issues that surfaced during my spiritual retreat over the holidays and a lot of growth is occurring in my personal life. I'm also working on getting physically stronger. Those two things are taking up all my time, energy and attention. And that's fine with me. It's just odd to not be writing. But I know that when the time is right, I will write again.

Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

Murees Dupé said...

You have a great attitude. Growing stronger mentally and physically can only be good. Wishing you well.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now is the time for you to grow. Writing will come again when you are ready.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Murees. Wishing you the same.
Yes, Alex, that seems to be the truth for now.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Everything has its season. Now is the season of your personal growth.

Bish Denham said...

Getting physically stronger, personally and spiritually growing, these are important things.

Diane Burton said...

Good luck with the growing. When you're ready to write again, you'll know it.

Julie Flanders said...

It's great to read that your retreat has brought about such growth for you. Here's to more of the same. :)

Nicola said...

It sounds like you are taking control, Karen and that is absolutely fantastic. Wishing you a peaceful and empowering February.

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

Even though you're not writing right now, it sounds like you're doing what's right for you at this time in your life. That's what's important. Be well!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - you are following your heart ... and do what you want to do - you've done wonderfully well so far with your books, and come through so much life .. now 'tis time for you ... cheers Hilary

Em-Musing said...

Hi! I'm a new follower by way of Alex's Insecure Writers Support Group. Hope you follow me too! I like your comment that you blog whenever you feel the need. I put a lot of pressure on myself thinking I don't blog often enough.

cleemckenzie said...

Taking time for yourself is so important.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Spiritual growth is wonderful. I'm sure the writing will come.

Juneta Key said...

Everything in its own time, even writing. Blessings & Best Wishes
Juneta Writer's Gambit

Taryn Tyler said...

Spiritual growth and becoming stronger sound like noble pursuits to me. Your writing will be all the better when you return to it :-)

eclecticali said...

Spiritual reflection can be a real challenge and deserves real attention and time. The writing will come when it is time!

Ravyne said...

Growing spiritually and regaining your health are so important! Writing will always be there waiting on you :) Enjoy your post! ~Lori~

Brandon Ax said...

Sometimes it can be a trade off but the two often compliment each other in the end.

Stephanie Faris said...

You're recharging your batteries. That's necessary sometimes. Consider this "research!"