Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Uh oh, I've been bitten by THE bug

No, not that awful mosquito that carries viruses. Not that kind of bug. It's the bug that keeps me chained to my computer when I'm so enjoying my freedom. I knew it wouldn't last (my freedom, I mean) but it was so nice while it did. I mean the writing bug, of course. It's in my DNA, so it was inevitable it would bite me. Again.

It's way too early to talk about what it's going to be because I don't even know what it's going to be. All I know is I committed the opening paragraphs (at least for now) to paper. The ironic thing about this is that it's humorous. And anyone who knows me knows I never crack jokes and most of the time I don't get jokes, although I love to laugh. So if this is to be written somewhat tongue in cheek, the proverbial joke is on me. Ha.

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

At least you've been bitten in a good way! It sounds like an interesting project and sometimes a change is good. Happy writing.

Charly Marlowe said...

I love it when that happens! Of course, I don't love the hours where I write feverishly and ignore everything that's going on around me, but still!

Julie Flanders said...

This sounds like fun and I'm excited for you. Enjoy the writing!

Stephanie Faris said...

Well...you could take your laptop along with you and write while out and about?!

Arlee Bird said...

This could be interesting and I'm sure it will be. Be careful that what you do is not because of enslavement, but because of passion.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Yay for the writing bug! Excited that you've got something new and fun to work on (I love humor!)

Karen Walker said...

Suzanne, I think it's safe to say that for me change has always been good.
Charly, yup, that's what I'm afraid of (feverishly....)
Julie, I'll try ( to enjoy it, that is)
Stephanie, ha - can't see me toting a laptop while tap dancing.
Lee, a wise comment - I'll pay attention to that, I promise
Elizabeth, I love it too, just never had much of it. Thanks.

Chrys Fey said...

The only kind of bug I would want to be bitten by is the "writing bug." Well, the "love bug" isn't bad eithr. ;) I'm glad you're writing. Keep it up!

Chrys Fey said...

The only kind of bug I would want to be bitten by is the "writing bug." Well, the "love bug" isn't bad eithr. ;) I'm glad you're writing. Keep it up!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - I don't want to be bitten by any buggy-bug .. but am happy to hear you're writing again .. that's good - cheers Hilary

Sharon Lippincott said...

Humor sounds like the perfect direction. Laughter is the best therapy, and that has to apply to writing as well as life. Can't wait to hear more!