Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Regrouping

Well, we were supposed to go to New Orleans for a week. First, hubby's boss asked him to take his computer with him to be on call. Then our flight to was cancelled and we couldn't re-book till the next day. Then our car rental fee doubled. When one other thing didn't work out, I looked at hubs and said, "I don't think we're supposed to take this trip." Surprisingly, he agreed. Also, surprisingly, neither one of us was too disappointed, except for not getting to spend time with two special friends we were supposed to meet.

My Sugartime partner is out of town. We have no plans on the calendar 'cause we weren't supposed to be home. So, I'm going to turn this week into a retreat of sorts in order to re-group. My energy feels scattered all over the place; I'm not writing and I'm missing it terribly.

So, good luck to all of you who are doing the challenge. I'm going to disappear from blogging till May.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry your plans didn't work out. Meeting up with friends would've been cool. But sometimes, these things are indeed a sign.

Stephanie Faris said...

So sorry your trip has to be canceled. Maybe it was a message you shouldn't go! Sometimes canceled plans can be very freeing.

Mason Canyon said...

Sorry about your plans but I agree that it wasn't meant to be. Relax and enjoy your retreat.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I think you're right about it not being meant to be! And sometimes not going to an event/trip is almost exciting--like time found. Hope you have a good time away from blogging...enjoy your rest!

Arlee Bird said...

I have never been a big fan of New Orleans. When you get the kinds of messages like you got, not going is probably the right choice to make. Good luck with your regroup. Needs to be done now and then.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Alex, it's taken me years to learn to recognize signs. Mostly, I go with how it feels and this felt right
Stephanie, I'm pretty clear it was a message.
Mason, thanks, I've got some searching to do for answers.
Elizabeth, I know we made the right decision. I hope I find the answers I'm looking for,
Arlee Bird, Im sure it was - thanks for the words encouragement

Nicola said...

Things happen for a reason, even if we're disappointed our plans go haywire. Enjoy your relaxation Karen and look forward to catching up with you in May. Take care!