Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'm in a good mood!

Hi friends,
I've been happy the last few weeks. In a good mood pretty much all of the time. When someone noticed and asked me why, the answer was simple. I'm writing again. I guess that tells me something pretty darned important. The act of writing is what makes me happy, not necessarily the end result. And all the crap, er, things, one needs to do once a writing project is completed. So for now, I'm simply going to enjoy my happy place of actually writing and not even think about after.

How about you?
Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now you know - write and be happy!

Karen Walker said...

Yup yup yup

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - that's good .. cheers Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm happiest when I'm writing! I will be doing some of that tonight.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks Hilary
Yeah, Diane, good for you!

Jacqueline Howett said...

Happy for you!

Mason Canyon said...

Your happiness made me smile. Enjoy your writing and don't think about anything else.

Julie Flanders said...

Excellent! And so true. Keep writing and being happy! :)

Nicola said...

So happy for you Karen. Keep writing and continue to stay in your happy zone. Many blessings!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Jacqueline
Mason, oh, this made me smile
Julie, you, too
Nicola, thank you - many blessings to you as well

Arlee Bird said...

It's a good thing that you are writing and that you are happy. Better to not think too much about it and just stay in that happy place while you're there.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Stephanie Faris said...

I do feel happier when I'm working on a book! I think we're feeding that part of our soul. So glad you found it again!

Karen Walker said...

Lee, thanks, that's my plan.
Stephanie, yes, that's exactly right. Thanks.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Me too! Without writing, or the kind that is "creative" writing, i.e. working on a book, I feel the awful burden of knowing I should be doing something that I'm not doing. And that's why I get happy when I write and crabby when I don't.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It makes me happy that you are happy :)