I got clear about several things on this retreat:
- I am no longer going to weight myself every day. I don't want the the number on the scale to determine my mood for the day (and believe me, it has).
- Writing is crucial to my daily well-being.
- I no longer want to waste time during the day watching television or playing computer games. At night, that's fine. But during the day, that is my time for actually being and living, not escaping.
- My body really enjoys taking a walk in the morning and then again in the evening after dinner.
- I want to get back to writing in my journal on a daily basis after spending time in prayer and meditation in the morning.
- I received clarity about the direction my writing project wants to be. I'll be writing more about that here as it becomes clearer to me.
- I began writing on a project that has appeared on my priority list every year but I'd never started.
- I plan to go on retreat on a quarterly basis from now on.
- It's possible to create a "retreat" experience at home by being in silence and turning inward, but it's much harder to sustain because of all the distractions.