Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I truly can't believe it's the holiday seasons. I know we've had Thanksgiving, but I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's almost Christmas, which means it's almost New Year's, which means it's almost the end of the year. Yikes. Where did the time go?

During this crazily busy time of year, I want to take a moment and pause. I want to take a deep breath. I want to remember to connect with Spirit as often as I can. I want to feel peace in my heart instead of fear. I want to remember that THIS TOO SHALL PASS, no matter what it is we are struggling with. I want to remember that most peoples' intentions are good, even if they don't know how to communicate well and hurt our feelings. I want to remember to pray for peace in the hearts and minds of each and every one of us on the planet. I want to pray that our country comes together as a community and not a land so divided by state borders and North and South and black and white and Christian and Jewish and Muslim and whatever.

I wish you peace. I wish you love. I wish you joy. I wish you success, however you define it.

Many many blessings to you and yours
Karen

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen and well said!
Have a Merry Christmas, Karen.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Alex. You, too.

Julie Flanders said...

Beautifully said, Karen. Amen to all of it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Julie

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Such a beautiful post, Karen. I wish you a merry merry Christmas :)

Karen Walker said...

You,too,Keith!

Jemi Fraser said...

Lovely! I hope you've had some time for peace and reflection and just being.
Here's to 2017 bringing the world some peace and joy, too.
Happy new year, Karen!

DMS said...

Wishing you peace, joy, and good health in 2017. Hope you find time each day to rest your soul and connect. :)

~Jess